Top Christian Romance Books List
Christian Romance have become a very popular subgenre of romance books, with stories that typically combine a love story with Christian themes. These novels are set in both contemporary and historical settings, and also deal with a range of social and political topics as well. This type of romance book is different from the rest of the genre, since they tend to avoid overt and gratuitous swearing, sex and violence. The theme of Faith is generally central to the story, and in some books, the main character will struggle with their idea of faith, or reconciling their faith with other aspects of life. Sometimes, they are also referred to as Inspirational Romance Books. If you are looking for some other books to put you in the holiday mood, please take a look at our article entitled "Best Christmas Romance Novels"
10 Best Christian Romance Novels
Below please find a list of what we think are some of the best books in this sub-genre that are in print today. If you do not see your favorite ones below, feel free to email us with your suggestions.
Authored by Francine Rivers
During the destruction of Jerusalem in 79 AD, Hadassah is captured and sold to a wealthy Roman family, the Valerians. Much of the family embraces the sensuous and indulgent Roman lifestyle, while Hadassah maintains her strong Christian morals.
What will happen when she falls in love with a Roman? This is the first book in Francine Rivers "Mark of the Lion" series.
Written by Dee Henderson
This is the first book in Henderson’s “Uncommon Heroes” series, is the story of Kelly who is still mourning the death of her husband, a Navy Seal.
She is beginning to fall in love with Joe "Bear" Baker, another Navy Seal and is wondering if her love and faith can help her to overcome her grief and help her to love again.
By Lori Wick
Set in the Land of Pendaran, Shelby is a modest woman living a good life. Seeking a wife for their widowed son, Nikolai, the King and Queen of the House of Markham, believe that Shelby would be a perfect match for their son. Shelby agrees to the arranged marriage, but can love and faith bring these two strangers together?
Written by Janette Oke
Marty is traveling west to start a new life on the frontier with her husband, Clem. On the way however, Marty’s husband dies, and she is left, pregnant and alone, with no way to go home. Asking Marty to be his “wife of convenience”, widowed Clark Davis would gain a caregiver for his young daughter Missie, while also providing Marty with a home and family. But Marty has a choice, if by the next spring, she is unhappy and want to return to her family, Clark would pay her way. However, as the title suggests, Love begins to enter both of their hearts as they are brought together by faith.
By Jillian Hart
Set in the late 19th century in the Montana, Noelle Kramer is ready to marry the man of her dreams, when one day he leaves town without a word. Then a tragic event leaves her blind and her parents dead.
When Noelle’s love returns to town, how will he explain his disappearance? And is the love that Noelle used to have for him still burning in her heart?
“Homespun Bride” is Book 1 in the “McKaslin Clan: Historical Series” and Book 2 in the “Steeple Hill Love Inspired Historical Series”.
Written by Shelley Shepard Gray
After a fire left her scarred as a child, Clara Slabaugh thinks that she is destined to a life alone, caring for her elderly mother. However, when Tim Graber arrives in the small town of Sugarcreek, he is one of the first people who can see her heart past he scars. However tragedy with test their faith in each other and in God, will their love be able to overcome all obstacles?
By Tracie Peterson
Mia Stanley is the rebellious and independent daughter of one of the wealthiest families in Philadelphia. Her pastimes include matchmaking as well as writing articles for Godey’s Ladies Book Magazine.
Mia puts her own life in danger to help the underprivileged wives of seaman, who live along the docks of Philadelphia. Along the way she falls in love, tests her faith and challenges the standards of the time. A Lady of High Regard is the first book in the Ladies of Liberty series.
By Francine Rivers
Angel was sold into prostitution as a child, and is suspicious of all men. However, she has never met a man like Michael Hosea, who is told by God to marry Angel. Soon, love begins to grow between the two, but insecurities and fear begin to plague Angel.
Will she have the strength to trust in Michael and trust in God, or will she return to the life she knows?
“Redeeming Love” is a retelling of the classic biblical story of Hosea.
By Julie Lessman
The first in the Daughters of Boston series, Faith O'Connor is beginning to have feelings for Collin McGuire. But Faith does not believe that that relationship would please God. Finding that Faith is not returning his affections, Colin begins to court Faith’s sister Charity.
What will Faith do, when she wants to remain true God, but also wants to follow her heart? Find out more in A Passion Most Pure.
Written By Delia Parr
When Ellie Kilmer arrives at Dillon Island, she is searching simply for a way to support herself. She believes that a life including love and family have passed her by. She finds a job working as a housekeeper for a widower Jackson Smith, who has two small sons. Both Jackson and Ellie begin to have feelings for one another, but what will Ellie do when Jackson proposes marriage? Will she have the faith to open her heart to him?
- A Bride in the Bargain by Deeanne Gist
- Heart of Stone (Irish Angel Series) by Jill Marie Landis
- A Reluctant Queen (The Love Story of Esther) by Joan Wolf
- Waiting for Summer’s Return by Kim Vogel Sawyer
- A Heart Divided (Heart of the Rockies) by Kathleen Morgan
- Love Amid the Ashes by Mesu Andrews
- Rekindled (Fountain Creek Chronicles, Book 1) by Tamera Alexander
- To Love Anew by Bonnie Leon
- Wind Dancer by Jamie Carie
- A Bride Of Honor by Ruth Axtell Morren
- A Perilous Proposal (Carolina Cousins) by Michael Phillips
- A Woman Called Sage by DiAnn Mills
- Prairie Rose by Catherine Palmer
- Tomorrow’s Treasure by Linda Lee Chaikin
- Bachelor’s Puzzle (Patchwork Circle) by Judith Pella
- How Sweet It Is by Alice Wisler
- Mixed Signals by Liz Curtis Higgs
- What a Girl Wants (An Ashley Stockingdale Book) by Kristin Billerbeck
- A Lova’ Like No Otha’ by Stephanie Perry Moore
- Remember to Forget (A Clayburn Novel) by Deborah Raney
- Secrets by Kristen Heitzmann
- You Had Me At Good-Bye by Tracey Bateman
- It Had to Be You by Linda Windsor
- Along Came Love by Carrie Turansky
- The Whitney Chronicles by Judy Baer
- The Choice (Lancaster County Secrets) by Suzanne Woods Fisher
- A Man of His Word (A Hearts of Middlefield Novel) by Kathleen Fuller
- Sarah’s Garden (A Patch of Heaven Novel) by Kelly Long
- Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel) by Beth Wiseman
- A Gift of Grace (Kauffman Amish Bakery Series) by Amy Clipston
- Rebecca’s Return by Jerry S. Eicher
- Along Wooded Paths (A Big Sky Novel) by Tricia Goyer
- Abigail’s New Hope (The Wayne County Series) by Mary Ellis
- Running Around (and Such) (Lizzie Searches for Love, Book 1) by Linda Byler
- Katie’s Redemption (Brides of Amish Country) by Patricia Davids
Above is our compilation of the top picks in this category. In the future we will be updating this list, and if you have any recommendations, please do not hesitate to drop us a line, and we can add your favorite book to the compilation. We hope that you enjoyed our list of top books in Christian romance genre!